H2S Safety Supervisor
- Day Rate / Sub Contractor
- Alberta and British Columbia
Safety Boss Inc.
8We are currently seeking Safety Supervisors for the Edmonton & Calgary, Alberta areas as well as the Fort St. John, British Columbia area.
This position provides onsite safety support and emergency response for our clients. The primary responsibilities will be to work closely with all personnel on site to make sure that all hazards are identified and controls are put in place, legislation is adhered to, evacuation and emergency response procedures. All personnel are required to follow SBI policies, procedures, Industry Recommended Practices and OHS Regulations.
- Maintain, Setup and utilize all safety equipment as per SBI policy and procedure manual and SBI SOP this includes but not limited to:
- SCBA and SABA field maintenance.
- Monitor bump testing and field maintenance of monitors.
- Air trailer rigging up and operations on drill ahead, completions and industrial settings.
- Vehicle cleaning and maintenance.
- Cleaning of air equipment and trailer after completion of job.
- Assist with re-stocking of equipment.
Required Qualifications and Certifications:
- Communication Skills – verbal and written (accurate documentation, safety meetings)
- Problem Solving Skills – hazard assessments and corrective actions, troubleshooting equipment
- Physical Ability – able to stand for long periods of time and walk up to 10km a day. Carrying heavy objects of up to 50lbs is required
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Clean 5 yr. Commercial Drivers Abstract
- Driver’s License (Class 5 minimum)
- Pass Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Testing
- H2S Alive
- Standard First Aid/CPR – Level C
- PST (Petroleum Safety Training)
- Confined Space Entry and Rescue
- Previous rescue experience would be considered an asset
Schedule and Salary Expectations:
Hours: Shift work, minimum 12 hr days
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Safety Boss provides dedicated and highly-trained safety personnel to meet or exceed industry standards. Our safety professionals provide the onsite front line defense for both upstream and downstream oil and gas operations and are faced with situations that could result in high hazards and critical situations.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.