Safety Boss Inc.
We are currently seeking Industrial Fire Fighters for the Edmonton, Alberta area.
Preference given to Dual trained Fire Fighter / PCP.
The Industrial Fire Fighter is responsible for rapidly, efficiently and safely performing various duties under emergency conditions frequently involving considerable hazard. The work includes routine duties in the maintenance of fire fighting vehicles, equipment and keeping the station clean and well organized. A primary focus for the Fire Fighter will be fire prevention strategies.
- Responsible for all fire suppression duties necessary to save life and property
- Provide service assistance with respect to, but not restricted to the following: client representative, service company personnel and public
- Responsible for station maintenance and upkeep of firefighting equipment and fire department property
- Responsible for upgrading and maintaining skills/knowledge and physical requirements to current standards
- Perform duties in fire prevention, public education and communications as assigned
- Respond to all situations immediately, assessing hazards and responding accordingly
- Drive and/or operate any vehicle or equipment as assigned
- Perform a variety of rescue related duties to protect the personnel and lessen severity of injuries
- Lay and connect hose; hold nozzles and direct high pressure water streams and use or operate all equipment associated with the control and extinguishment of fire or other incidents
- Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and full protective clothing while working in toxic, noxious and/or smoke filled environments
- Perform overhaul operations in order to ensure fire is completely extinguished
Required Qualifications and Certifications:
- Fire Fighter 1001 or 1081 (Equivalencies will be considered)
- Minimum 4 years of experience in structural and industrial fire fighting
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of fire suppression/prevention with particular emphasis on industrial fire fighting
- Proficient, knowledgeable and up-to-date with respect to equipment and procedures for fire fighting and other emergencies
- Well versed in IRP 8 and IRP 18
- H2S, Standard First Aid, PST, TDG and GODI certification
- Driver’s License – class 1 or 3 with Q endorsement, manual transmission
- Clean 5 Year Commercial Driver’s Abstract
- Grade 12 education certificate or equivalent
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly in English (oral and written)
Schedule and Salary Expectations:
Hours: Shift work, 12 hr shifts minimum
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Safety Boss provides dedicated and highly-trained safety personnel to meet or exceed industry standards. Our safety professionals provide the onsite front line defense for both upstream and downstream oil and gas operations and are faced with situations that could result in high hazards and critical situations.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org