The Firefighter is responsible for rapidly, efficiently and safely performing various duties under emergency conditions frequently involving considerable hazard. The work includes routine duties in the maintenance of firefighting vehicles, equipment and keeping the station clean and well organized. A primary focus for the Fire Fighter will be fire prevention strategies.
- Responsible for all fire suppression duties necessary to save life and propert Provide service assistance with respect to, but not restricted to the following: client representative, service company personnel and public.
- Responsible for station maintenance and upkeep of firefighting equipment and fire department prop
- Responsible for upgrading and maintaining skills/knowledge and physical requirements to current standa
- Perform duties in fire prevention, public education and communications as assigned.
- Responds to all situations immediately, assessing hazards and responding accordingly
- Drives and/or operates any vehicle or equipment as as
- Performs a variety of rescue related duties to protect the personnel and lessen severity of
- Lays and connects hose; holds nozzles and directs high pressure water streams, and uses or operates all equipment associated with the control and extinguishment of fire or other incid
- Wears self-contained breathing apparatus and full protective clothing while working in toxic, noxious and/or smoke filled environm
- Performs overhaul operations in order to ensure fire is completely extinguish
Qualifications and Requirements
- NFPA 1051
- S100/S185 Certificate
- Minimum 4 years of experience as Structural or Industrial Fire Fighting
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of fire suppression/prevention with particular emphasis on industrial fire fighting
- Be proficient, knowledgeable and up to date with respect to equipment and procedures for firefighting and other emergencies
- Well versed in IRP 8 and IRP 18
- H2S, Standard First Aid, PST, TDG and GODI certification required
- Driver’s License – class 1 or 3 with Q endorsement, manual transmission
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly in English (oral and written)
Schedule and Salary Expectations:
|Hours||Shift work, minimum 12 hr days.|
|Wage||Wage will be determined in accordance with skills and experience.|
We thank all interested applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org